Al-Azhar forbids screening of the film “Noah” in Egypt, according to a Thursday statement by the religious authority, and reiterates its rejection of artistic depictions of God’s prophets and messengers.
Youm7 signs cooperation pact with China’s embassy in Cairo in light of the importance of Chinese-Egyptian relations.
- Universities begin housing students in campuses and announce state of alert to counter flu and the Muslim Brotherhood.
Egypt’s ambassador and embassy personnel will soon return to Libya, Minister of Foreign Affairs Nabil Fahmy said Wednesday during a meeting with Libyan Prime minister Ali Zeidan.
First Cabinet meeting headed by Ibrahim Mahlab passes presidential elections law and the amendments to the political rights law Thursday.
- Arab Ministerial meeting to discuss the withdrawal of Gulf ambassadors from Doha.
Interim President Adly Mansour stressed the importance of Arab solidarity, and expressed his wishes for the upcoming Arab Summit in Kuwait to succeed.
Signs of a new fuel crisis as cars queue around gas stations, especially around Upper Egypt and a number of Lower Egypt governorates. Minister of Supply Khaled Hanafy asks Minister of Petroleum Sherif Ismail to interfere to solve the crisis.
- 10 takfiri suspects killed and 43 others arrested south of Sheikh Zuwayed and Rafah.
- Ministry of Finance: Rise in public debt while budget deficit decreased.
- Presidential decision to grant Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab a number of presidential powers.
- Plans for gas pipeline from Iraq to Egypt through Jordan.
Mansour welcomes invitation by Kuwaiti prince to participate in Arab summit scheduled for March 25 and 26.
Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouly to present social housing unit plans for immediate implementation.
- Post workers return to work after their demands were met.
- Joint Egyptian-UAE military training continues.
- Egypt to close deal for purchase of four French cruisers for one billion Euros.
- Egyptian Meteorological Authority: Five days of bad weather.
- Cairo Airport crisis ends.
Originally published in Youm7.