Saudi Arabia designates Muslim Brotherhood, Hezbollah, Al-Nusra Front and Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant as terrorist groups.
Universities and schools to welcome nearly 18 million students on March 8 as the second semester begins. Al-Azhar students to start their second semester on March 15.
- President to issue declaration preventing former Mohamed Morsi and Hosni Mubarak regime figures from running for presidential elections.
- Egypt seeks Gulf mediation to help in Ethiopian Grand Renaissance Dam crisis.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs Nabil Fahmy calls on Libyan government to protect Egyptians.
Minister of Health Adel al-Adawy says he understands doctors’ demands, describing them as valid. This comes as doctors announce escalating their strike from partial to full.
State Council Legislation Division to finalize money laundry law Saturday.
- Production halts in 90 percent of cement companies.
- Dar al-Ifta: Artistic depictions of prophets forbidden.
- Calls for amendment of NGO law.
Qatar says it will not yield to demands by Gulf countries to change its foreign policy and that it will not stop supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt or extremist groups in Syria.
Cairo Criminal Court to receive final report about five villas owned by Hosni Mubarak and his sons, said Mahmoud al-Rashidy, the judge presiding over the court trying Mubarak, his sons, fugitive businessman Hussein Salem, and former Minister of Interior Habib al-Adly along with six of his assistants.
- 223 international finance corporations seek investment opportunities in Egyptian companies.
Interim President Adly Mansour to issue presidential elections law within days, Minister of Justice Nayer Othman said, adding that the government would discuss amendment of the political rights law to prevent suspects involved in criminal cases from running for president.
Central Bank of Egypt places huge fines on all internal and external transactions with Qatar National Bank.
- Crisis between Environment and Electricity Ministries and cement factories over coal.
- Egyptian Meteorological Authority: Wave of bad weather to hit country on Saturday.
Presidential Advisor for Constitutional Affairs Ali Awad to hold Saturday press conference to discuss presidential elections law.
- Campaign to support Hamdeen Sabbahi for president finalizes its organizational structure.
- Muslim Brotherhood accuses Adly Mansour of rewarding Gulf countries supporting Egypt with mines and quarries.
- National Security Agency: Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant elements entered the country following the ouster of Mohamed Morsi.
Originally published in Youm7.