Interior ministry denies reports over Samy Anan’s assassination bid
Samy Anan - YOUM7 (Archive)
MENA

CAIRO: Spokesman for the Ministry of Interior Major General Hany Abdul-Latif denied reports alleging that former army chief-of-staff Samy Anan survived an assassination attempt after he was leaving his office.

“Giza security directorate did not receive any reports about this matter,” Abdul-Latif said in statements Monday.

“Anan was attacked by two cars while he was going home, but his driver managed to escape,” Eman Ahmed, Anan’s spokeswoman had said earlier in the day.

These reports are baseless and unfounded, the spokesman added.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment