Netanyahu vows Israel will continue to hit hard at those trying to attack
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu - AFP/Alberto Pizzoli
MENA

GAZA CITY: Israeli Prime Minister Benyamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that his country would strongly respond to rocket attacks that hit southern Israel from the Gaza Strip.

“The Israeli army will continue to act to thwart attacks and hit hard at those who want to harm Israel,” Yedioth Ahronoth cited Netanyahu as referring to Israeli army actions to address the attacks.

“It appears this rocket fire comes as a response to out action yesterday,” he said, referring to an airstrike in the southeastern Gaza Strip on Tuesday that killed three Islamic Jihad operatives.

Netanyahu said that the number of rockets fired from Gaza last year was the lowest it had been in a decade.

“But we are not satisfied with that,” he said. “We will continue to work to ensure the security of Israeli residents in the south and throughout the country.”

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment