7am News Wrapup March 15
By EHAB EL-SHAZLY

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is working on the release of 70 Egyptian detainees in Tripoli, Libya, Bassem Youssef’s television satire show El Bernameg was disrupted for the second time, and Hamdeen Sabbahi finalized his decision to run for president and said Minister of Defense Abdel Fatah al-Sisi is responsible for rights violations.

News & Politics:

Internet hacker group the Electronic Army claimed responsibility for disrupting the broadcast of Bassem Youssef’s satire TV show El Bernameg for the second time on Friday.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Badr Abdel Atty said that the 70 Egyptian detainees in Tripoli, Libya would be released shortly.

Minister of Environment Laila Iskandar criticized Minister of Industry Mounir Fakhry’s statements that the cement industry should rely on coal and said coal is the worst energy source.

The Press Syndicate decided to allow membership registration of foreign journalists.

U.S. State Department Deputy spokesperson Marie Harf said there are communications with the Muslim Brotherhood but it does not support any organizations.

Business:

Stock Exchange EGX gained three billion EGP ($2.16 billion) since the end of last week.

Custom Authority and the Ministry of  Trade and Industry announced a continuation of the ban on importing car parts.

In-Depth:

Cairo Medical Syndicate condemned the repeated assaults on doctors by thugs and security forces while at work and stated that police security work for hospitals is ineffective.

Conflicting reports spread of possible reunification of two sides of April 6 movement, the Democratic Front, and the April 6 Youth.

Editor’s Pick:

Highlight on the increase in cases of violence against children after June 30 as interim President Adly Mansour decided Thursday to establish governmental committees for child protection.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment