Interim President Adly Mansour is preparing to participate in the 24th Arab Summit in Kuwait, which will be held on March 25 and 26.
Presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi said that if the presidential elections “were clean, I would definitely win,” adding that he has not attacked Minister of Defense Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and is ready for debate against any candidates.
- The Legislative Affairs Office of the State Council finished reviewing laws regarding the funding of “terrorism” and witness protection.
- Minister of Transport Ibrahim el-Demeiry: Railways losses reached 500 million EGP in six months.
- Egyptian Satellite Company NileSat denies accusations it disrupted Bassem Youssef’s show Al Bernameg and said the problem is technical not political.
Minister of Electricity Mohamed Shaker discussed methods to avoid the electricity outage problem, saying that vital facilities like hospitals, the metro and water plants cannot be affected by the power consumption reduction program.
The Cairo governorate began on Sunday destroying illegal buildings in Maadi and referred their owners to prosecution.
- The State Council supported the Cabinet decision to refer those who assault the Armed Forces to military trials.
- Anti-graft organization: Ousted President Mohamed Morsi did not present his financial disclosure.
- Mail employees strike resumed Sunday and will escalate because the government did not meet their demands.
- Vodafone to invest 9 billion EGP in Egypt until 2017.
Doctors’ partial strike enters its ninth consecutive day and Alexandria doctors discussed escalating measures with a mass resignation, while pharmacists escalated their demands and punishesd the pharmacists who did not commit to it.
Military spokesperson Ahmed Ali announced that leader of the Bayt al-Maqdis militant group was killed, along with six Takfiri suspects, during a security raid.
- Presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi requests support of the Wafd Party.
- The Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research (Baseera): 83 percent have decided to vote on the upcoming presidential elections.
- The National Council for Human Rights is to release in a press conference a full fact-finding report about the dispersal of the Rabaa Square sit-in Aug. 14.
- Temperature decreases on Monday and possibilities of rains increase.
- Armed Forces arrest 17 assailants in Sinai and demolish five underground tunnels.
- Minister of Manpower Nahed Hasan Ashry calls for initiatives for worker organizations to suspend strikes.
Qalyubia security agencies identified four main suspects in the Shubra el-Kheima security checkpoint incident, which left six soldiers dead.
Minister of Supply Khaled Hanafy said the fixed rate on market goods led to the creation of a black market and did not achieve stability.
The government supported cement companies against the Ministry of Environment regarding using coal to produce power. Minister of Environment Laila Iskander said importing coal exposes Egypt to environmental and health catastrophes.
- Khaled Ali: I will not be participating in the “presidential play.”
- Draft of law to amend social insurance in order to increase early pensions.
- Ministry of Agriculture completed amendments on land reclamation law. Violators face 15 years imprisonment and fines up to 200,000 EGP.
- Party leaders: Security agencies need higher efficiency in countering “terrorism.”
- Muslim Brotherhood leaders’ trial adjourned to March 29.
- Ain Shams University students detained the dean of the Faculty of Computers and Information Sciences and Cairo University students blocked roads.
- Orthodox Church commemorates Pope Shenouda III of Alexandria memorial.
Menoufia security forces arrested seven deaf and mute protesters for blocking the road during a protest demanding an increase of monthly subsidies from 300 EGP to 1,200 EGP.
- 17 Takfiri suspects arrested in Sinai and nine explosives detected in Giza.
- Ethiopia begins escalation abroad to gain support for Grand Renaissance Dam.
- Lawyers’ Syndicate head Sameh Ashour agrees to hold an urgent general assembly on June 27 regarding distrust of the syndicate and its council.
- The Supreme Presidential Electoral Committee finishes administrative preparations for elections.