The National Council for Human Rights announced on Monday the fact-finding commission’s full report on the dispersal of the Rabaa al-Adaweya sit-in, following the release of a summary of the report on March 5, which faced major criticism.
Pope Tawadros II headed the second memorial prayer Monday morning at the monastery of Saint Pishoy in Wadi el-Natrun, Beheira, to commemorate the death of former Pope Shenouda III.
· The Armed Forces set a plan to secure vital facilities after reportedly detecting Muslim Brotherhood plans, and changed positions of army leaders.
· Two officers killed in Qena during pursuit of group of assailants.
· Judge in Ithadeya clashes case refused Muslim Brotherhood leader Essam el-Erian’s request to change court judges and fined him 10,000 EGP.
· Crimeans voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia with 96 percentage approval.
Minister of Social Solidarity Ghada Waly said a study is underway about the minimum wage for pensions, which will be presented to the Egyptian Insurance Supervisory Authority and then the Ministry to Finance.
Interim President Adly Mansour said he trusts the ability of state facilities in countering “terrorism” with laws, adding that he would not hesitate in taking exceptional procedures if necessary.
· Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab discussed developing relations with Nile Basin countries politically, economically and culturally.
· Interim President Adly Mansour: Egypt is moving forward and an escalation in violence is expected.
· Doctor Magdi Yacoub: Artificial heart implantation will be available for everyone.
· Russian ambassador to Cairo: We seek cooperation with Cairo in energy field.
· Three Takfiri suspects killed and 17 others arrested in North Sinai.
· Minister of Environment Laila Iskander: We renew our refusal to use coal in power plants.
· Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou: We expect three million tourists to visit Egypt this year.
Egyptian Electric Holding Company head Gaber Desouky said he expects regularity in service and an end in power outages within days.
Supreme Presidential Election Committee regulation list for presidential elections consists of 13 terms to apply for candidacy including candidate health reports and financial disclosures.
· Government detects 566 cases of tax evasion worth 5.5 billion EGP.
· Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics: 28.9 percent decrease in tourist visits.
· Protecting witnesses’ draft law before State Council’s Legislation Division for review.
· The government assigned 910 million EGP to develop Hala’ib triangle.
· Several NGO’s: Cement companies exploit society by using coal.
Minister of Social Solidarity Ghada Waly said foreign aid that has entered Egypt since the January 25 Revolution came from 873 donor organizations, reached 1.952 billion EGP and benefited 707 NGO’s.
International Atomic Energy Agency expert Amgad Shokr said a long delay in entering the nuclear power field is a luxury that Egypt cannot afford, adding that the state has more than the minimum requirements necessary to start its first nuclear plant project.
· Presidential sources: No intention to release countering “terrorism” law now.
· Anti-graft agency head: Investigations of ousted President Mohamed Morsi and 18 Muslim Brotherhood leaders are still undergoing.
· Rabaa dispersal final report: 800 arrested during dispersal 632 killed and 1,492 injuries.
· Netherlands ambassador to Egypt: Egypt and Ethiopia conflicts about Renaissance Dam are complicated and we are ready to mediate.
· 109 school students infected with mumps.
· Health Ministry launches a campaign to eliminate herb treatment scams.
· Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab requests doctors postpone their strike for three months.
Central Auditing Organization Hisham Genena said the Ministry of Interior’s financial violations reached millions, and monitoring agencies are partners in corruption.
· Cabinet sources: No current discussions about salary increases.
· Egyptian Meteorological Authority: Weather to stabilize starting Tuesday.
· Abolishing guidance fare for goods results in increase of vegetable prices by 40 percent.
· Supreme Presidential Election Committee: Voter database is ready and updates will be ongoing until elections.
· Ministry of Health demands the Consumer Protection Agency ban advertising for unsafe drugs on television channels.