Qalyubia governor denies reports of removal of utility poles
Qalyubia Governor Engineer Mohamed Abdel Zaher - YOUM7
By SAMAR SAMIR

CAIRO: Qalyubia Governor Mohamed Abdel Zaher denied Monday media reports claiming that the governorate would remove all the utility poles along the Agricultural Road to stop tapping electricity to illegal buildings.

Middle East News Agency (MENA) reported on Sunday that Zaher decided during a meeting with experts that all utility poles would be removed from the Agricultural Road, adding that all future plans had been framed according to the available areas for projects and investments, especially the eco-friendly ones.

Such reports are not accurate as the governorate will only cut the electricity that flows to the illegal buildings, the governor told The Cairo Post on Monday via a phone call.

“The electricity will entirely be cut off from an agricultural area located near Kobry al-Fahas village (north of the governorate)…all buildings there are illegal because they are built on an agricultural area,” Zaher said. According to the Agriculture Law, building on agricultural lands is a crime.

The government is launching a campaign against building on agricultural lands in all governorates. 25 illegal building have been demolished in Ismailia (Suez Canal,) reported Al-Fagr newspaper on Monday.

The Ministry of Agriculture drafted a bill to impose harsher punishment on the violators by paying threefold of the cost of building as a fine, said Al-Masry Al-Youm newspaper on March 16.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment