Presidential candidate Abdel Fatah al-Sisi is to meet with his presidential campaign to determine the date of registration with the High Presidential Electoral Committee for presidential elections.
- Indications show the independent list is ahead in the Engineering Syndicate elections
- U.K. lists Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis as a terrorist group
- Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouly: Ratification of Social Housing law within days
- Suspect in Cairo University Bombings arrested
23 killed and 32 injured in a conflict between two families in Aswan. A curfew was imposed in an area in east Aswan where violence occurred and school study has been halted until further notice.
The Arab League Foreign Ministers are to meet Wednesday to discuss the ramifications of negotiations between Palestine and Israel.
- Cairo University officially requests the presence of security forces inside the campus
- Medical Professions Syndicate organized a march to the Cabinet headquarters to reaffirm on their demands
- Egyptian Exchange’s losses reach 41 billion EGP in six sessions
Libyan militias kidnapped 55 Egyptian drivers in Ajdabiya, demanding the release of detained Libyans in Egypt.
- Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouly: Increasing drinking water prices is under discussion
- Egyptian Trade Union Federation officially supports Abdel Fatah al-Sisi for president
Clashes erupted Saturday between presidential candidates Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and Hamdeen Sabbahi supporters before a number of notary offices.
Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said that a counter-terrorism law draft is before the presidency for review and ratification.
- Cabinet planning to decrease embassies and delegations budgets
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab visited Nile University and said that the crisis over the land would be finished soon
- Amnesty International demands the unconditional release of political activists Ahmed Maher, Ahmed Doma and Mohamed Adel
- Giza Governor Ali Abdel Rahaman: Security forces are ready for presidential elections and security coordination is undergoing to counter terrorism
- Muslim Brotherhood threatens of a global terror attack if its activities were banned in the U.K.
Ministry of Electricity Deputy Mohamed Moussa said the ministry is facing difficulty in solving the power outages crisis during this summer season, as many power plants need to be renovated.
- National Alliance to Support Legitimacy leaders: We will boycott the presidential elections and will not support or nominate anyone