Al-Azhar Grand Imam Ahmed al-Tayeb launched an initiative Sunday, during his visit to Aswan, to reconcile between the two tribes that had a conflict, which resulted in the death of 26 victims.
Minister of Finance Hany Kadry said that the Cabinet’s economical reforms would contribute towards increasing the economy’s growth with a rate of six percent over the next three years, adding that the government may seek funds from the International Monetary Fund, but only after the parliamentary elections.
- Presidential Candidate Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met with a delegation of Egyptian expats and discussed their vision for Egypt’s development.
- Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab: Ministerial group set to develop Giza pyramids area.
- Farouk el-Baz: Project Development Corridor cost estimated at 24 billion EGP.
Minister of Planning Ashraf al-Araby signed an agreement with the World Bank, worth U.S. $300 million, as a loan to support micro and small projects. 60 percent of the loan is a grant.
The High Presidential Elections Committee’s Secretary General Abdel Aziz Salman denied the rumors about referring the citizens who intend to boycott the elections to prosecution.
- Minister of Finance Hany Kadry: Taxes law to be amended to increase revenues, and low income citizens are to receive support in cash.
- Doctors continue their partial strike for the 36th consecutive day.
- Minister of Communications Atef Helmy: New projects in the communication and information technology sectors worth three billion EGP are to be proposed by the government.
According to ministerial sources, Minister of Electricity Mohamed Shaker is set to change the leaders of electricity sectors as result of the failure in confronting the power outage crisis. Shaker said that the ministry will release a statement of the total power production and deficit.
The European Union is set to sign two warrants, with High Presidential Elections Committee Sunday, and the Cabinet Monday, to monitor the upcoming presidential elections.
- Bomb exploded in hospital in Qena before the arrival of Minister of Health Adel al-Adawy, to reopen it after its development.
- Clashes erupted between Police and village residents in Gharbia, leaving four injuries.
- Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Wael al-Degwy: TheCabinet does not have any knowledge on launching an Egyptian-Russian satellite.
- Six suspects in raping a girl in 2nd grade referred to Criminal Court.
- Amnesty International requests President Adly Mansour not to pass terrorism law.
The Administrative Court decided to summon Minister of Environment Laila Iskander on May 10 to hear her testimony on the hazards of using coal for power, especially in cement factories.
The National Council for Human Rights is set to meet with President Adly Mansour Wednesday to discuss the protest law and the treatment of prisoners inside prisons.
- Minister of Higher Education Wael al-Degwy: Exams are to be held earlier due to exceptional circumstances.
- Activist Mahienour el-Masry was released after her arrest for violating protest law.