Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab and Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim mourned the police office killed in bomb that went off in Lebanon Square Thursday.
Six Muslim Brotherhood members attacked a village in Menoufia governorate, after which the village residents shackled them to lampposts in the streets then handed them over to the police.
- The film “Halawet Rouh” is being discussed before the Cabinet along with a delegation of actors and directors.
- Presidential candidate Abdel Fatah al-Sisi congratulated Pope Tawadros II in Abasseya Cathedral on Easter feast.
- Presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi visited Saturday the High Presidential Electoral Committee to present his registry documents.
Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said that restructuring the power supply system will take effect starting in July along with the fiscal budget and noted that butane gas cylinders and electricity fees would be fixed for low income citizens.
The Doctors Syndicate Secretary General Mona Mina said that the doctors are continuing their partial strike until their financial demands are met by implementing the cadre.
- Interim President Adly Mansour congratulated Coptic Christians abroad on Sunday’s Easter feast.
- One killed and 16 injuries during clashes in Khosous.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs requested the Ministry of Justice prepare a full file on the charges Muslim Brotherhood leaders and members are facing in order to present them to the European Union, United States and east Asia’s countries.
Minister of Transport Ibrahim el-Demeiry said that the second phase of the metro third line will be operated within days, which includes four new metro stations.
- Intensified security measures to secure churches during Easter celebrations.
Prosecution investigations revealed that the bombing incident in Lebanon Square, which resulted in the death of a police office, was planned in a different way than other blasts and was completed by five suspects.
Minister of Transitional Justice and National Reconciliation Mohamed Amin El-Mahdy said that implementing transitional justice in Egypt is currently impossible and rumors about reconciliation with the Muslim Brotherhood is a farce, as the people are the one to decide that.
- Egypt’s border guards arrested 22 Egyptian citizens along with three other Sudanese that were trying to infiltrate the Libyan borders.
- Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs ensured that Moscow will support the Egyptian administration efforts in countering terrorism.
- Abdel Fatah al-Sisi presidential campaign announced the formation of a youth committee.
- Two members of National Council for Human Rights requested their suspension from council activities.