Ministry of Electricity announced that electricity prices are fixed and will not rise in a Saturday statement.
Ministry of Health discovered the first case of coronavirus in Egypt: a 27-year old man who works a civil engineer in Saudi Arabia.
- Two Gamaa Islamiyya leaders were arrested before leaving Egypt.
- Minister of Religious Endowments bans politics in mosques
- South Sinai Governor: the government has obstructed development projects in the peninsula
- Ibrahim Mahlab: we want to strengthen our relations with African countries and we stress Egypt’s water rights
Minister of Foreign Affairs Nabil Fahmy said that Mahlab’s government has a different point of view with respect to foreign policy.
The Popular Coalition Party announced in press conference its support to Hamdeen Sabbahi in the presidential elections.
Controversy met the prime minister’s increase of gas prices for houses and shops, and many have called for fixing the subsidy system, especially for energy.
- Minister of Health: we will provide vaccines worth 450 million EGP ($64 million) annually
- Tanzania’s President studies regional developments and the bilateral relations with Mahlab
- Minister of Education: final examinations will be secure through cooperation with army and police
A source in the Ministry of Finance said a specialized committee was formed by cooperation with industry unions, business associations and commercial chambers unions to set the bases of applying a proposed tax which reaches five percent of incomes over 1 million EGP annually ($142,000). He said that the ministry aims at applying the proposed tax in the next fiscal year 2014/2015.
The High Presidential Elections Committee closed the door for appeals to presidential candidates Saturday; none were filed by either candidate.
Ministry of Local Development instructed governors not to use government buildings for electoral publicity for any candidate.
- Gunmen kidnap an Egyptian girl in Bani Ghazi
- Verdicts for 1,229 terrorists including Badie in Minya incidents Monday
- Minister of Local Development: coal to be used as a substitute for natural gas only in cement factories
The government is considering postponing the reduction of energy subsides for electricity, gas, petrol and diesel to after the upcoming presidential elections on May 26 and 27.
Attorney General Hisham Barakat Saturday referred the deputy head of Salafi Call Yasser Borhamy to Cairo appeal prosecution to investigate with him in his charge of insulting Christianity.
- Ultras refuse Ministry of Interior’s terms for returning to stadiums
- Ministry of Health chooses the first hepatitis C cases to be treated by American treatment
- Egypt calls on Tanzania to engage in Renaissance Dam crisis
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab: terrorism against African countries must be faced
Presidential Advisor for Women’s Affair Sakina Fouad said that Adly Mansour deserves to be the head of the next People’s Assembly. Editor in Chief of Al-Ahram Ahmed al-Sayed al-Naggar said that Mansour should be the head of the legislative authority.
- Minister of Health assistant: using coal in factories will increase heart and respiratory system diseases
- Nabil Fahmy: our needs dictate us to have balanced relations with everybody
- Ministry of Solidarity: we aim to make a law that allows NGOs to receive finances