The Cabinet is facing a constitutional crisis in that it is being preventing from increasing prices or implementing new taxes, as dictated by the new constitution’s Article 124.
Minister of Health Adel al-Adawy denied any new infections of the corona virus (MERS-CoV) other than the one reported patient diagnosed with the virus.
- Air Forces participate in military maneuvers in Bahrain.
- Minister of Education Mahmoud Abou el-Nasr: We provided 6.2 billion EGP to improve teachers’ financial situations.
- Minya Criminal Court is to issue final verdict in the case of 528 Muslim Brotherhood members sentenced to death.
Egypt’s airports and ports started taking intensified health measures by examining passengers from Saudi Arabia and Gulf countries regarding the transmission of the corona virus to Egypt.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Nabil Fahmy is to meet with a number of U.S. congressmen Monday, along with his U.S. counterpart John Kerry and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ed Royce, member of the House Committee on Appropriations Kay Granger, and Head Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday.
- Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim: The security forces are ready to secure the presidential elections along with the Armed Forces.
- Wages and supply increased by 80 billion EGP in the new fiscal year budget.
- Five Takfiri suspects in assailant attacks arrested in North Sinai.
- International experts committee report: Ethiopia’s Grand Renaissance Dam affects Egypt’s water share.
Presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi said that he does not care for Muslim Brotherhood votes in the elections, but he cares about resolving the current conflict in Egypt between the administration and the Brotherhood.
- 4,000 security officers and soldiers deployed to secure the trial of 1,229 Muslim Brotherhood suspects in Minya on Monday.
- Supreme Presidential Electoral Commission grants permission to 79 NGO’s to monitor the elections.
- Mass resignations from the Nour Party because of Yasser Bourhami’s statements.
- A trial of the metro third line second phase was conducted successfully Sunday in the presence of Minister of Transport Ibrahim el-Demeiry.
The Supreme Presidential Electoral Commission accepted the registration papers of candidates Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and Hamdeen Sabbahi and will officially announce them on May 2.
Minister of Local and Administrative Development Adel Labib said there will be no “surprise” decisions for citizens in increasing prices or decreasing supply.
- Minister of Supply Khaled Hanafy: After the implementation of a new system in Egypt there would be no bread crisis.
- Interim Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab presented a report on his African tour to President Adly Mansour.