The National Security Agency, in coordination with the Giza Security Directorate, said they arrested members of an alleged “terrorist cell” Tuesday for possessing political leaflets inciting violence against the police and army and pictures of a house owned by interim President Adly Mansour in 6 October City.
The April 6 Youth Movement called on its members to demonstrate Wednesday in front of the Press Syndicate in protest over the verdict issued Monday to ban the activities of the movement and seize its headquarters.
The Shubra El-Kheima Criminal Court adjourned on Tuesday the trial of former Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohamed Badie to May 7 to hear the defense team in what is known as the “Qalyub Highway” case.
Egyptian Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy met U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Tuesday to discuss bilateral ties and latest developments in the region.
The new Egyptian Satellite EgySat will reportedly be able to capture photographs with accuracy of up to one meter of Nile River and the Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.
The Ministry of Antiquities and Interior Ministry managed to restore 10 ancient antiquities out of 39 antiquities that were stolen from the Egyptian Museum during the protests of the January 25 Revolution.
- The Supreme Council of Beni-Suef University decided to dismiss Supreme Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood Mohamed Badie.
- The Manpower Minister seeks to amend the labor law to implement minimum wage.
- Security forces removed a handmade bomb around Al-Azhar University.
- Berlin summoned the Egyptian ambassador Tuesday to urge the lifting of 683 death sentences handed down by an Egyptian court.
- April 6 Youth Movement will appeal the decision issued Monday to ban the movement in front of the administrative courts.
- The state council tasked with preparing amendments to the law on parliamentary elections retreated from the mixed electoral system.
- Intensive medical measures in public hospitals for possible cases of corona virus: Ministry of Health.
- A 57-year-old housewife infected with swine flu passed away in Aswan: deputy of the Health Ministry.
- The Housing Ministry allocated 1,690 pieces of land to build factories in 10 new cities.
- The governor of Cairo launched Tuesday a project to build 4,200 housing units.