The High Presidential Elections Commission is discussing reported violations in the electoral campaigns of Hamdeen Sabbahi and Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, and notified Sabbahi that if he announced his electoral platform early that is a violation of the presidential electioneering date.
- Striking police officers suspended on Thursday their sit-in at the Cairo International Airport and other security directorates.
- The state’s general budget deficit over the last nine months decreased to 144,959 billion EGP due to foreign grants.
- The Ministry of Electricity needs 109 million cubic meters of natural gas daily to avoid frequent power cuts.
Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research Wael al-Degwy announced that the ministry is discussing a new system for university admission to decrease the number of expatriate students in public universities.
- Al-Azhar condemned and rejected the screening of movies that insult religious institutions.
- The administration of the Suez Canal raised on Thursday the fees for crossing the canal by 0.9 percent to 5 percent on all types of ships.
- United States Department of Defense announced its support for the military-backed road map in Egypt.
Minister of Religious Endowments Mohamed Mokhtar Gomaa banned Sheikh Mohamed Hussein Yacoub and Yasser Borhamy from delivering speeches in mosques.
- Cairo and Ain Shams universities applied intensive security measures for the second semester final exams, which are scheduled to begin Saturday.
- South Sinai discovered the first Egyptian suspected of having corona virus who was returning from Saudi Arabia.
- The Egyptian Cabinet allowed on Thursday cement companies to import coking coal.
- The High Presidential Elections Committee to announce Friday the final list of presidential candidates after it closed the appeal window on April 29.
- An increase in Egyptian tax revenues in 2014 estimated at 7 billion EGP: Finance Ministry.
- The fact-finding commission for June 30 incidents visited the leaders of the April 6 Youth Movement in Tora Prison and received several complaints.
- Egypt expects a heat wave beginning on Friday.
- Political parties debating the best electoral system for Egypt in the coming parliamentary elections.
- The national security prosecutor’s office imprisoned nine members of a “terrorist cell” in Alexandria for 15 days pending investigation.
- Security forces detained two fugitives at the Cairo International Airport on charges of participating in “terrorist” attacks in Kerdasa, Giza.