Presidential candidate Field Marshal Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said that he was not willing to run for presidency but he felt responsible for the country because the people called on him to run.
- Ayman al-Zawahiri supports the Muslim Brotherhood and threatens to attack the judiciary and the police.
- 10 years imprisonment sentences for 102 Brotherhood members over rioting in Al-Zaher.
- The judge of the mass death sentences trial sent a report against Hamdeen Sabbahi to the Attorney General.
- Cairo Security Director: intensified efforts to catch criminals involved in Ramses explosion.
- 27 suspects arrested for targeting a police bus and terrorist attacks.
The Ministry of Interior decided to install 180 surveillance cameras to monitor traffic in the main streets and squares and to facilitate the arrest of criminals who plant bombs in squares after repeated terrorist acts in Cairo and Giza over the past days.
- Abdel Fatah al-Sisi: security and stability are my priorities and there will be no reconciliation with a terrorist group.
- Hamdeen Sabbahi: we will not allow a regime that feeds us while robbing us of our freedoms.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab: the continuance of energy subsidies is economic suicide.
- Sabbahi said he will not allow corrupt members of the National Democratic Party and Muslim Brotherhood to return to the political scene.
- Sabbahi is to visit Mahalla on Monday to discuss his platform with workers.
The Ministries of Irrigation and Agriculture allocate 40,000 acres in Sinai for agricultural investment in four stages mid -May. 25 percent of the lands are for Sinai citizens. The two ministries agreed to start implementing urgent plans to continue national projects.
- Cairo Governor: we will remove the violating buildings around the presidential palace.
- Nour Party officially announces its support for Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.
- High Presidential Elections Committee supervises Sisi’s and Hamdeen Sabahi’s finances and sets 400,000 EGP as the maximum limit for donations to their campaigns.
- The Court of Cassation approved the imprisonment of the “eye sniper,” a police officer who shot at least five protesters in the face, for three years.
Hamdeen Sabbahi launched his campaign in Asyut. He said that his platform is biased towards citizens’ dignity, achieving social justice and ending the stage of blood and hatred with swift justice that achieves retribution.
- The army invents a device for detecting corona-virus: official source.
- Egyptian statistics: eight journalists killed since January 25 Revolution.
- Juba denies there are Egyptian troops in South Sudan.
- Jihad Organization announced the formation of a new Islamic alliance away from the Muslim Brotherhood.
After meeting Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, television hosts Lamees al-Hadidi and Ibrahim Eissa will hold an interview with him on Sunday morning. The interview will be aired o Monday night on CBC and ONTV channels.
- The law organizing appeals on state contracts was referred to the constitutional court.
- A man beat his daughter after she was sexually harassed in front of him.
- South Sinai suicide bomber failed to reach Sharm el-Sheikh and detonated himself in the bus instead.
- Prosecution: a primitive bomb is the reason for Ramses explosion.