May. 08, 2014 09:15
By MOHAMED ABDEL MEGEED
- Interim President Adly Mansour and Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab opened Wednesday the second stage of Cairo’s third metro line project.
- Electricity and Petroleum ministries agree to settle crisis of frequent power cuts.
- Nour Party starts its campaign Saturday to support presidential candidate Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in upcoming presidential elections.
- High Presidential Election Commission does not know number of Egyptian expatriates who are eligible to vote in presidential elections.
- U.S. suggested a new ambassador to Egypt and Foreign Ministry approved him.
- International Bank will fund 130,000 small projects in Egypt.
- Cabinet refuted news reports claiming that Egypt will import natural gas from Israel.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab visits Equatorial Guinea to discuss exporting oil and natural gas to Egypt.
- Minister of Antiquities announced that Egypt will bring back 6 Pharaonic artifacts from Britain upon judicial rule issued Wednesday.
- 207 billion EGP for wages in general budget of 2014-2015.
- Ministry of Electricity announced Egypt will witness a significant decrease in power cuts in upcoming days.
- Sudanese infantry unit n.101 is allocated for securing Sudanese north borders with Egypt: military source.
- Number of pro-Muslim Brotherhood professors staged a protest inside Cairo University demanding to allow detained students take their exams.
- Directorate of Veterinary Medicine in Cairo found out smuggling 180 tons of rotten fish into Egyptian markets.
- Quarantine authorities seized three Egyptians suspected to have coronavirus after returning from Saudi Arabia.
- Violent clashes between pro-Muslim Brotherhood students and security forces front of Azhar residence.
- Banha Criminal Court adjourned Tuesday the trial of former Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohamed Badie to May 10 in Qalyub highway case.
- Economic ministerial group agreed to decrease subsides of petroleum products in general budget of 2014-2015.
- Suez Canal Authority (SCA) approved four proposals to design the executive platform of the Suez Canal development project.
- Foreign exchange reserves reached $75 million in the Egyptian Central Bank.
- The Civil Security forces removed two handmade bombs planted by unidentified men in front of a bank in Zamalek district.