Egypt witnessed flooding and snowstorms Thursday, leaving one dead in Aswan and severe damages in a number of governorates.
Cairo Criminal Court on Thursday adjourned the trial of former President Mohamed Morsi and others over charges in the 2011 Wadi al-Natroun prison break case to May 19 in order to hear witness testimonies.
The High Presidential Election Commission will close on Friday appeals to waive presidential candidacy.
- Security forces detained three militants for possessing weapons and handmade bombs in Imbaba.
- Egypt witnesses a significant decrease in power cuts due to the recent changes in weather: Electricity Ministry.
- Meteorologists expect an improvement in weather on Friday.
- The Coast Guard affiliated with the Second Field Army managed to destroy five tunnels in Rafah, North Sinai.
- Egyptian Air Force finished on Thursday a tactical maneuver carried out in Bahrain.
- Security forces detained a “terrorist cell” charged with an explosion in Lebanon Square, leading to the death of one police officer.
- Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria visited the United Arab Emirates to hold his first prayer in another Arab country.
- Pro-Muslim Brotherhood students staged a protest in Ain Shams University demanding the release of detained students.
- Federation of Egyptian Chambers of Commerce welcomes the government’s decision to switch to daylight saving time.
The Islamic Party repudiated the “declaration of principles” announced by the National Alliance to Support Legitimacy in Brussels to restore the values of the January 25 Revolution.
- Ministry of Finance discussed imposing new taxes on building licenses.
- The Armed Forces finished the building of 50 percent of the regional ring road: Central Agency for Construction.
- Minister of Transport announced the return of navigation through the Red Sea between the Suez Port and Saudi ports.
- Ahmed Sherif, member of the Salafist Call, stated that Takfiri groups in the Siniai threatened to murder the deputy head Yasser Borhami.
- Ministry of Health announced it cannot prevent the spread of coronavirus infections, and is expecting the increase of infected cases.
- The national security prosecution decided to imprison the members of the Arab Sharkas “terrorist cell” for 15 days pending investigation.
- The ministerial committee to amend the political rights law will finish two drafts of the law in the next week.