CAIRO: Public prosecutor Hisham Barakat ordered the Supreme State Security Prosecution to investigate allegations that Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim abducted four students in April, Youm7 reported.
The parents of the four students filed a lawsuit, accusing the minister of interior, and the head of Cairo’s Security Directorate of abducting Amr Mohamed Rabei, Mohamed Saber Ramadan Nasr, Mahmoud Saber Ramadan Nasr and Abdel Rahman Sayed Rizk.
The lawsuit accuses security forces of kidnapping the four students from different places. Their families say they found their names on a list of suspected terrorists released by the Supreme State Security Prosecution.
Last Saturday, the Supreme State Security Prosecution released a list of 102 individuals in police custody and 98 people suspected of being members of Sinai-based militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis.
The list deems the four students fugitives, while the lawsuit states they are detained in Al-Azouly prison.
Sanaa Beheiry, Rabei’s mother, one of the four detained students reported him missing after his friends told her they witnessed him being apprehended by police outside the Ramses metro station.
Rabei’s mother told The Cairo post last Monday that she filed a missing person report with the Interior Ministry but had been given no information about any charges or whether he is in police custody, although she had heard rumors that he had been seen in Al-Azouly Prison in Ismailia, which belongs to the army.
Authorities have not mentioned the students’ place of detention.
Cairo Court for Urgent Matters had designated Sinai-based militant group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis as a terrorist organization on April 14.
Additionally reporting by Mohamed al-Aalam.