Interim President Adly Mansour studies issuing a number of presidential decrees to adopt the draft laws of the next parliamentary elections, the general budget 2014-2015 and the capital gains tax on stock market profits.
Former Director of Egyptian General Intelligence Murad Muwafi announced he seeks to form a major national alliance of political parties to run the next parliamentary elections.
The presidency of Egypt sent official invitations to foreign presidents and international figures to attend the swearing-in ceremony of president-elect Field Marshal Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.
- A cut internet cable partially affected mobile service and telecommunications in Cairo and Alexandria
- Meteorological Agency experts expect high temperatures Wednesday all over Egypt
- Intensive security procedures to secure major squares during the mass celebrations of Egypt’s seventh president Abdel Fattah al-Sisi
Head of Egyptian Stock Market denied reports that the International Monetary Fund has interfered to impose the controversial 10 percent annual tax on stock market profits.
Head of the National Council for Women Mervat al-Tellawy rejected the parliamentary elections draft law as it allocates only five seats for women in the list system.
- Cairo’s third metro line witnessed an outage for 80 minutes that temporarily halted metro service: Metro Management Head.
- Ministry of Housing, Utilities and Urban Communities will launch 68 drinking water and sanitation projects in 22 governorates by the end of June.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs summoned Tuesday the Turkish Charge d’Affaires to denounce recent statements by Turkish officials regarding the presidential elections in Egypt.
Cairo Appeals Court set June 15 as trial date of 68 alleged militants including Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahri’s brother over charges of establishing and managing a terrorist group.
The Cabinet finished forming a long-term plan to develop the region of Halayib and Shalateen in order to increase the population there to 1 million people.
- A ministerial source stated electricity fees on heavy consuming houses would be increased in July
Cairo Criminal Court adjourned Tuesday the trial of Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa, and former Minister of Interior Habib al-Adly to Wednesday, over charges of embezzling 125 million EGP from the public fund.
Banha Criminal Court adjourned the trial of ousted President Mohamed Morsi’s son Abdullah and his friend to July 2 over charges of possessing hash joints in his car.
Yasser Borhamy, deputy head of the Salafi Call, said that Salafi Nour Party is studying adding Copts to its electoral list according the parliamentary elections draft law.