The General-Secretary of High Presidential Election Commission (HPEC) Abdel Aziz Salman announced the commission will refer reports of the advertising campaigns of both presidential candidates to the Central Auditing Agency for revising.
- Deputy of Supreme Constitutional Court stated that the swearing-in ceremony of Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will be held Sunday at 10:30 am
- Interim President Adly Mansour thanks the nation in his farewell speech before giving his position as president to his successor
- The new adopted monitoring system of social media websites by the Interior Ministry violates 7 constitutional articles: legal expert
- The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) indexes rallied Wednesday and market capitalization gained around 6.3 billion EGP due to local purchases
- Head of Information and Documentation Department in Interior Ministry said that the only aim of social media surveillance is preserving security
- The victory achieved by Abdel Fatah al-Sisi in the presidential election will reflect positively on Palestinian issues: Fattah Movement
- 650 national and foreign companies will participate in the 16th International Exhibition for the Management and Production of Poultry, Livestock and Fish
- The Egyptian presidency excluded Israel, Turkey, Qatar and Syria from the inauguration ceremony of Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
- The National Council for Human Rights (NCHR) denied reports about torturing Muslim Brotherhood detained members in prisons
- The high temperatures caused frequent outages in different regions and affected the electricity plants: Electricity Ministry
- Cairo Criminal Court adjourned the trial of 26 suspects in the Nasr City terrorist cell case to June 17 to continue hearing the defense team
- The coordination offices in public universities and institutes are preparing to receive about 600,000 students in the 2014-2015 academic year
- The Cabinet intends to increase the fees of electricity and water, and impose taxes on goods before the inauguration of Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
The Ministry of Transport has received 1 billion Euros from the European Union (EU) to fund building 12 stations of the fourth phase of the third Metro line.