Inauguration of Egypt’s new President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi
- Sisi and Mansour signed a transitional of power document for the first time in Egypt.
- Sisi grants Mansour the Necklace of Nile for his great efforts during his ruling to Egypt since July 2013.
International and Arab leaders met President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi at Ithadeya Palace after the swearing-in ceremony in the Constitutional Court.
In his first speech as president, Sisi promised Egyptians to establish a powerful country that achieve security and social justice to its citizens.
There were intense security procedures by policemen and military forces in the vicinity of the Supreme Constitutional Court during the swear-in ceremony.
Deputy of the Constitutional Court announced that former President Adly Mansour will return to his former position as head of the Supreme Court.
108 political and governmental figures attended the swearing-in ceremony of Abdel Fatah al-Sisi as Egypt’s new president.
The Sudanese Foreign Affairs Minister announced that his country is ready to host an initiative to solve the crisis of Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahalb is scheduled to meet President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi at the president headquarters to submit his government’s resignation according to the Constitution.
The Armed Forces selected a new spokesperson after Sisi chose a former military spokesperson in his new presidential team.
- Ministry of Agriculture discussed a new draft law that will criminalize violating farmlands.
- Libyan Armed Forces addressed Egyptian authorities to close the Salum crossing border due to the unrest in Libya.
- Number of citizens tested positive for malaria in Upper Egypt’s governorate of Aswan reached 18 cases according to Health Ministry.