Former chief of staff Samy Anan announced he would establish a political party, “Masr el Oroba,” (Arabism Egypt) which threatens Amr Mousa’s alliance after the withdrawal of al-Wafd party.
- 900 Egyptians evacuated from Baghdad after Daash threats
- Al-Azhar uses backup exams to confront leaked exams
- The government hunts Muslim Brotherhood businessmen, and seized 40 shops owned by Khairat el-Shater and Seoudi.
T he political arena is currently witnessing a race between political parties to form alliances to gain seats in the next parliament, as the alliance led by Amr Moussa, the former head of the 50-member committee will hold a meeting today to discuss/consider the possibility to form a supreme committee from the political parties of the alliance to put standards for selecting the alliance’s candidates in the parliament.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab races against time to finish the Cabinet formation
- Egypt asks the international community to set a mechanism to verify the peaceful use of fissile materials
- Amr Moussa calls on Europe to stand with Egypt and the grand imam of Al-Azhar and Mufti emphasizes on the right of citizenship
The state seizes the assets of the Seoudi and Zad supermarket chains, alleging that the chains are -affiliated to Muslim Brotherhood leaders.
- Al-Wafd party has announced its withdrawal from Amr Mousa’s electoral alliance and forming new bloc called “ Egyptian Wafd” that includes the Egyptian Democratic party, Reform and Development Party, the Conservatives party, the Awareness Party. Observers considered the split between the civilian forces may pave the way for the Salafist Nour party in the parliamentary elections
- Outrage in Port Said after police officer assaulted Al-Masry football player
- The prosecution to imprison the rapists of the two sisters in Mansoura
- Five ministries hamper announcing Mahlab’s government.
- The head of the Salafist Nour Party called the Minister of Endowment to contain the crisis of the law regulating the practice of delivering sermons at mosques which bans the uncertified preachers
- Egypt will return to the African Union on June 25
- British House of Commons says Sisi demanded dropping Egypt’s debts
- The army killed Takfirists and arrested four in Sheikh Zuwayed in North Sinai
- Three sentenced to life, and 19 acquitted in the case known of “Zeitoun cell”
- Experts say political conciliation with the Muslim Brotherhood is possible but with conditions
- Total population estimated to reach 140 million in 2050
- 30,000 cases of stealing electricity over 10 days