Minister of State for Local Development Adel Labib announced that the ministry started to redraw the boundaries of Egyptian governorates to increase their agricultural hinterlands, according to President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi’s electoral platform.
The Giza Criminal Court in the police institution at Tora sentenced 12 suspects, in the case of storming the Kerdasa police station and murdering several police officers in last August, to death Wednesday, and referred the case to the Grand Mufti.
- U.S. Senate will deduct $400 million from the annual U.S. aid to Egypt.
- Interior Ministry received new weapons and devices for detecting explosives.
Foreign Affairs Minister Nabil Fahmy received Tuesday a phone call from his Ethiopian counterpart Tedros Adhanom in which he welcomed the decision taken by the Peace and Security Council (PSC) of the African Union of unfreezing Egypt’s suspension membership.
- Interior Ministry led a security campaign to remove street vendors from downtown Cairo.
- Saudi Arabia calls on Islamic states to support Egypt with Representatives of 15 countries members of the African Union (AU)’s Peace and Security Council (PSC).
Assistant Interior Minister for Human Rights Abu Bakr Abdel-Karim said they will establish a new department to combat crimes of sexual violence and harassment inside all security directorates across Egypt.
- Investment Minister revealed that the ministry will reconsider a 5 percent tax on annual incomes exceeding 1.
- Public Prosecutor Hisham Barakat ordered Wednesday referral of 12 suspects accused of indecent assault of six women in Tahrir Square last Sunday to criminal court.
The Cairo Criminal Court adjourned Wednesday the trial of former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa, former Minister of Interior Habib al-Adly and six of his aides on charges of killing protesters to 6 July.
Deputy of Endowments Ministry in Alexandria Mohamed Nour said they decided Wednesday to close 650 small mosques for violating the regulating law for mosques.
The new Minister of Antiquities said he has good relations with the west being worked previously as a cultural consultant in Germany, noting that he is capable of restoring all smuggled antiquities after the January 25 Revolution.
Financial Supervisory Authority announced its approval to publish an offer by Sawiris-Beltone alliance to acquire a 20 percent stake of EFG-Hermes.
Head of security Directorate of Matrouh said that Libyan militants seized 50 Egyptian cargo trucks in Ajdabiya in purpose of some factional demands.