A Egyptian-European crisis began after Giza Criminal Court sentenced six suspects to seven years in prison, 12 suspects to 10 years in prison and released two Monday, accused of broadcasting “false news” about Egypt on Al Jazeera.
- The Armed Forces’ hepatitis C treatment devise will start operating in a few days
- 18 jihadists killed and an attempt to blow up armed personnel carriers failed in North Sinai
- 2 million citizens in el-Marg drink contaminated water
A police colonel was killed in firefight in Sohag and a police captain killed while dispersing a clash between two families in Asyut.
- 44 Egyptian scientists win science prizes
- Minister of Social Solidarity: the 10 percent raise for pensions will start as of July 1
- 152 cases of tax evasion amounting to 7.5 billion EGP
Life sentences and different prison terms handed down for 218 suspects found guilty in slaying a driver from Mansoura and committing terrorist attacks.
- Ministry of Electricity intensifies maintenance and coordinates with the Ministry of Petroleum to reduce power cuts ahead of Ramadan
The government finished studying the new electricity tariff to pave the way for cancelling electricity subsidies gradually over the next five years.
- Egypt closes 3 Iraqi channels after complaints from Nouri al-Maliki’s government
- The Secretary General of the High Culture Council resigns as a protest against Minister of Culture’s decisions
State Security prosecution imprisoned two suspects from Hamas and Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis for 15 days pending investigations after they were arrested close to the Libyan-Egyptian borders in possession of 23 grad missiles.
- The Islamic Party withdraws from the National Alliance to Support Legitimacy
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab inaugurates a program to develop the Pyramids area