Benha Criminal Court issued a death sentence Saturday for Muslim Brotherhood Mufti Abdel Rahman Al-Barr and other nine suspects in the case publicly known as the Qalyub Road blocking case. The court also sentenced Muslim Brotherhood General Guide Mohamed Badie and other 36 suspects to life sentences. The court decided to freeze all the Brotherhood’s assets.
- Negotiations between Al-Wafd and the Free Egyptians parties to save a civil parties alliance
- Minister of Interior gave a surprise inspection in Shubra el-Kheima’s police station and Benha’s first police station in Qalyubia
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi issues two decrees to amend laws of real estate finance and traffic
PresidentSisi welcomed the Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs Salah Eddin Mezwar in Ithadeya Palace Saturday. They discussed developments in regional and African affairs and enhancing economic cooperation between the two countries.
- Metered taxis’ base faresare rising from 2.5 EGP to 3.00 EGP and each kilometer after the first costs 1.40 EGP instead of 1.25 EGP.
- 14 trains from and to Suez re-operate for the first time since dispersing the Rabaa al-Adaweya Square sit-in.
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said that the government works in favor of the poor and the low-income citizens. He said that raising prices of petrol and electricity will save the country 51 billion EGP, with 22 billion EGP to be allocated for education and health, 10 billion EGP for applying minimum wage and 12 billion EGP for pensions.
- Neither Abdel Fatah al-Sisi and Hamdeen Sabbahi violated publicity rules: High Presidential Election Commission
- Minister of Transport: ticket prices for trains, Metro and public transportation will not rise
- Imprisonment and fine for driving without license: Sisi decree
- 1,500 EGP fine for polluting emissions and littering from vehicles
- Al-Moaten Awalan (citizen comes first) movement gets an approval for a protest against price rises
- Prosecution: Republican Guards cameras did not record Ithadeya explosions
- Deputy Head of al-Wasat Party Essam Sultan acquitted from accusation of insulting judiciary
- Raising cell phone calls’ prices became “inevitable”: cell phone company official
- Presidency sends maximum wage law to Council of State: sources
- The rise in energy prices raises inflation rates to high levels