Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouly announced the allocation of three billion EGP to fund development projects and low-cost units in seven governorates.
- Islamist Political Analyst Kamal Abu el-Magd launched a new initiative for reconciliation between the current regime and the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Security committee at the Supreme Council of Universities finalized the mechanism of its security system and installed cameras and metal detector gates at the entrances of the universities.
- Minister of Defense Sedki Sobhi said, during his visit to the north coast governorate of Matrouh, that the ministry will develop a housing project for locals in Matrouh’s city of Al-Dabaa.
- Cairo Governor Galal al-Saeed said that there will be no increase in the prices of public transportation vehicles.
- Hossam al-Shaer, head of the Tourism Agencies Chamber said that the rise in fuel prices will raise accommodation prices at hotels and tourist resorts by 10-20 percent.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met Sunday with media professionals and editors in chief of national, partisan, and private newspapers to discuss the latest economic decisions.Also
- Minister of Health Adel al-Adawy said that over seven million low-income citizens in nine governorates will be covered by the health insurance program.
Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said Egypt and Ethiopia talks on the Renaissance Dam are to be resumed.
- Minister of Education Mahmoud Abou el-Nasr issued a decision to increase fees of private schools by three to 17 percent starting from the academic year 2014-2015.
- Minister of Transportation Hany Dahy said Sadat Metro Station will reopen in hours. Giza metro station was reopened Sunday.
The Egyptian company for metro management and operation decided to remove garbage bins from metro stations in fear of using them to hide bombs.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi decreed an increase in sales tax on cigarettes between 1.75 EGP ($ 0.25) to 2.75 EGP per pack. The decree also included a 200 percent increase on local and imported beer (with a minimum of 400 EGP per 100 liters); 0.83 EGP per 330ml bottle of beer.
- Al-Ahly vs Smouha will play Monday evening in the third and last round of the final mini-league phase.