Maximum wages will be applied on all employees in the Central Bank of Egypt and all public and state-owned banks: Hisham Ramez, governor of the CBE
- Investigations of the Habara escape reveal: the commanding officer faces charges of negligence and dereliction
- Egypt to host a regional conference to adjust the border with Libya
The economic ministerial group decided to allocate 1.4 billion EGP ($195.5 million) for the development of the public transportation system, by providing 1000 buses, 600 of them to work immediately, to counter attempts by some to make use of the fuel price hike.
- Minister of Health: smart cards to provide free health services
- Urgent governmental measures to counter the greed of traders and drivers
The foreign exchange reserves at the Central Bank of Egypt declined at the end of June to 16.6 billion dollars compared to 17.2 billion dollars at the end of May, according to a CBE statement.
- Minister of Tourism: Germany’s government is preparing to lift the ban on travel to Sharm el-Sheikh
President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi held a meeting Monday at the presidential headquarters in Heliopolis with Muhammad Fa’iq, Chairman of the National Council for Human Rights, the president stressed that any development in the country needs to be based upon a solid foundation.
- Ministry of Education: there is no intention to increase school fees like last year.
- “Management and Administration”: We have not yet received the maximum wage law.
Ethiopian Prime Minister: We will not harm Egypt
- Israeli radio: Egyptian intelligence chief visited Tel Aviv recently