Jul. 15, 2014 09:01
By MOHAMED ALI
- One security officer and 7 civilians were killed and 28 injured in several explosions in Arish.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi formed a committee to manage Long Live Egypt’s fund, the committee will be headed by Al-Azhar Grand Imam and the head of the Coptic Orthodox Church.
- The Cairo Court for Urgent Matters overturned the ruling preventing former members of the National Democratic Party (NDP) from running in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- Border guards arrested Safwat Abdel Ghany, a member of Gamaa Islamiyya, and 4 members of the Muslim Brotherhood near the Egyptian borders with Sudan.
- Attorney General Hisham Barakat referred 163 defendants to criminal court after being accused of involvement in the tribal clashes in Aswan.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry in Egypt to discuss the ongoing Israeli offensive on Gaza.
- Egyptian State Council recommended that citizens have the right to know the time and duration of electricity cuts.
- The Italian ambassador in Cairo announced the lifting of the travel ban to Sharm el-Sheikh.
- The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) gains 3,3 Billion EGP on Monday.
- More than 6 Billion EGP for Long Live Egypt’s fund from businessmen after meeting with President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.
- Sisi announced new industrial and agricultural projects worth 6 Billion EGP after Eid al-Fitr.
- Security forces in Cairo international Airport prevented an attempt to smuggle 42 million EGP worth of currency.
- Amr Moussa, former head of the 50-member committee, announced the rules of his coalition in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- Minister of Health Adel Adawe has formed a committee headed by him to provide health care to financially incapable citizens.
- Mufti of Egypt Shawki Allam condemned terrorist attacks in Arish.
- Administrative and Local Development Minister Adel Labib said the electrical power plants in governmental buildings are to be replaced with solar plants.
- Military spokesperson announced the continuing of combating terrorism in Sinai despite the explosions in Arish, adding that military forces have arrested 6 Takfiris in North Sinai.
- Ministry of Finance completed a legislative amendment to increase taxes on telecommunications.
- One billion EGP increased in the new budget to support state-paid treatment.
- Minister of Urban Development Laila Iskandar said the government will not evacuate dangerous slums by force.