CAIRO: Israeli Air Forces resumed its raids on Gaza against Islamist militants and Hamas top leaders Wednesday and destroyed the house of Mahmoud Zahar, co-founder of Hamas who is believed to be in hiding elsewhere, BBC Arabic reported.
The raid, which comes a day after accepting the Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel, has killed three raising the death toll to 197 Palestinians since the airstrike began last week.
Israel also has ordered thousands of Palestinians in Gaza to leave their homes as it will continue air strikes.
Egypt proposed Monday a ceasefire to end a week of cross-border fire between Gaza Strip and Israel.
The Izz el-Deen al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas’s armed wing, rejected the ceasefire initiative saying its battle with Israel would “increase in ferocity and intensity,” according to BBC Arabic.
Following its refusal to the Egyptian Initiative, Izz el-Deen al-Qassam Brigades fired rockets toward Tel Aviv killing an Israeli citizen Tuesday, France 24 news reported.
The Egyptian researcher in the Islamic movements Mustafa Zahran said that Hamas refused the ceasefire proposal and considered it as a “humiliating defeat,” France 24 news reported.
“Besides the pre-mentioned reasons for refusing the initiative, Hamas considered the Egyptian initiative a recall for Fatah movement and the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and this is what Hamas hates” , Zahran said.