Jul. 17, 2014 08:00
By MOHAMED ALI
- Cairo criminal court sentenced 7 defendants to life, two others were sentenced to 20 years in prison over charges of sexual harassment, kidnapping, stealing and indecent assault in Tahrir Square on June 8.
- Hamas refused Egyptian calls for cease fire.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said “new administrative capital” to be established by the Cairo-Suez desert road.
- 27 citizens died in several accidents in Red Sea governorate.
- Egyptian Soccer Cup final to be held in Cairo stadium.
- 300 million EGP donated for the Long Live Egypt fund and 320 Million for slum development in Egypt.
- Minister of Irrigation said Ethiopia officially agreed to resume negotiation with Egypt and Sudan about Renaissance Dam.
- Minister of Health Adel Adawe asked Ministry of Finance to add 700 million EGP to the health ministry budget to provide health care to financially incapable citizens in 9 governorates.
- Ministry of Electricity to establish a new solar power planet in Aswan.
- Minister of Health announced providing 170 thousand doses of the drug curing hepatitis C virus by the end of this year to be increased by the new year.
- Judicial institutions said they are committed to the maximum wage.
- Prime Minister announced a plan to reclaim 4 million acres of land.
- Minister of Urban Development Laila Iskandar said 40% of places in Cairo are unsafe for living adding that 60% of urban districts in Giza are slums.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said the government monitors prices on a daily basis.
- Hamdy Hassan, the head of engineering authority in Maspiro, said no plans for reducing energy in the governmental building so far.
- June 30 fact finding committee has sent a procedural report to President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.