Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry accused Hamas, Turkey, and Qatar of trying to abort Egypt’s role in the region, he said Thursday evening during the Ramadan Iftar meal with heads of the national newspapers in the Ministry headquarters.
- Secretary General of the committee for assessing Muslim Brotherhood funds: Brotherhood companies are involved in money laundering.
- Meeting between Amr Moussa, Naguib Sawiris and El-Sayed el-Badawy to study joining the Free Egyptians Party to the Egyptian Nation alliance: sources.
Political sources said that Egypt has alternative initiatives for a ceasefire in Gaza. The last few hours witnessed a strong attack on Egypt by Hamas, Qatar and Turkey to abort the initiative.
- Amr Moussa: Our alliance has space for everybody and aims at joining the civil parties
- Limited marches by Muslim Brotherhood in Cairo
- Restoration of the Islamic Museum stopped due to shortage in finances: Ministry of Antiquities
Vice Chairman of Egyptian General Petroleum Company Amr Mostafa said that the company distributes 10,000 tons of 80 octane gas daily on different governorates with 1,500 more tons than previous quantities to fulfilllocal needs.
- Inventory of stores owned by Khairat el-Shater and Hassan Malek to be finished Saturday and to be reopened in three to five days
- Denmark cancels travel ban to Sharm el-Sheikh
Sources in cell phone companies expect the government to apply the new tax on companies after Eid el-Fitr in an attempt by the government to increase tax revenue and cover the budget deficit.
- 20,000 teachers to be appointed before the new school year
- Solidarity campaign with the Egyptian NBC correspondent after he was excluded from media coverage in Gaza
Security bodies in Giza managed to diffuse an attempt to bomb in the Sakiat Mekki metro station Friday after discovering five gas cylinders connected to an electric circuit to be detonated remotely by a cell phone.
- Egypt invites head of political office of Hamas Khaled Mashaal, and John Kerry postpones his visit to Cairo for the second time
- Mohamed Morsi’s son arrested in Beni Suef railway station