Jul. 24, 2014 08:00
By AMIRA EL-FEKKI
- On the occasion of July 23 commemoration: Sisi announces a “surprise” to the people in the coming days. Sisi assures it was necessary to reduce government subsidies, confirming efforts of market regulation in process.
- UN Human Rights Council accuses Israel of committing war crimes in Gaza.
- Emergency declared in hospitals and 2,500 ambulances across Egypt during Eid el-Fitr: Minister of Health.
- Sabbahi: I am not the leader of the Democratic Alliance and I will not compete in parliamentary elections.
- Sisi’s speech: Competence is the sole basis for appointment of governors, officials and presidential team members.
- Sisi: 100,000 Egyptians died for the Palestinian cause and we will not tolerate criticism on our current stance.
- Mahlab visits Toshka to boost large national projects.
- A delegation of political figures visits Morocco and meets with King Mohammed IV to support mutual relations.
- Political parties refuse presence of Muslim Brotherhood and former MPs in next parliament.
- Defendants in Aswan tribal clashes to be trialed in Qena instead of Aswan for security reasons.
- Libya military spokesperson: Attackers of Farafra checkpoint incident trained in Libya and supported by Muslim Brotherhood.
- Celebrations of July 23 turn into quarrels between pro-Sabbahi and pro-Sisi supporters.
- Astronomy Institute denies news predicting upcoming disastrous earthquake on Egypt.
- Nour Party fails to conclude on party candidates to run for parliamentary elections.
- Sisi: The poor have no freedom because they remain subject to their poverty.
- Minister of Supply: no official orders to raise prices on gas cylinders.
- Sabbahi: I do not seek the establishment of an “opposition party” in the upcoming parliament.
- Pharmacists’ Syndicate: Aid convoy of nearly five tons of medical supplies to Gaza Strip on Thursday