A 12-hour ceasefire was announced by United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, Arab League Secretary General Nabil al-Araby, American Secretary of State John Kerry and Minister of Foreign Affairs Sameh Shoukry in a joint press conference in Cairo Friday.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs purges itself of Muslim Brotherhood members
- Gamal Abdel Nasser‘s son: Hamdeen Sabbahi divided Nasserists and his supporters’ behavior is vulgar
- No power cuts this week: Holding Company for Electricity
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said Friday he is determined to achieve retribution for the victims of Wadi Gedid attack which left 22 officers and soldiers dead. He said that the attackers will not get away with their crime.
- Two police officers killed in an armed attack in Arish
- $500 million loan for Egypt from the World Bank to provide 1.5 million houses with natural gas
Former Prime Minister Kamal el-Ganzouri appeared suddenly in the political scene in an attempt to join parties in one alliance, and met with Head of the Egyptian Nation alliance Amr Moussa.
- Pension Deservers Union demands withdrawal of confidence from Minister of Solidarity
- 1 billion EGP to support tourism: Minister of Tourism
The Cairo Center for Development and Human Rights announced it has established an operation room to observe and document harassment and sexual violence crimes in Eid el-Fitr. The center prepared a hotline: 01210009192.
- Muslim Brotherhood fails to organize effective protests on Friday
- 3 Brotherhood members arrested over shooting a police car in Minya
State Security investigations revealed that 70 percent of the attackers of Wadi Gedid check point were arrested.
- 620 Major Generals and Brigadiers were referred to pension
- A kidnapped young man was freed in Sohag and one of the kidnappers was killed.