Military spox: 12 Takfiris killed in a military raid in Sinai
Takfiri militants - YOUM7 (Archive)
By THE CAIRO POST

CAIRO: Twelve “Takfiri” members have been killed Saturday in the city of Sheikh Zuwayed south of Egypt’s governorate of North Sinai following a fire exchange with military forces, spokesperson Mohamed Samir said on the official Facebook page of the Egyptian Armed Forces.

He said 36 houses, five vehicles and twelve motorcycles affiliated to Takfiri members have been destroyed Saturday by the Egyptian military forces adding that 11 suspects were arrested; 6 of whom are wanted.

In a related news, Five gunmen have been killed in the city of Sheikh Zuwayed, security source told Youm7 adding they most likely were involved  in the death of 22 soldiers last week, security source told Youm7 on Saturday.

Eyewitnesses said they saw the army aircrafts shelling Takfiris’ hideouts nearby Sheikh Zuwayed in the early morning and that several explosions were heard.

The source added that the military forces are conducting an extensive military operation in Sheikh Zuwayed to pursue the militants.

22 soldiers were killed on Saturday in the New Valley governorate after unidentified gunmen targeted Farafa checkpoint.

The interior ministry spokesperson Hany Abdel Latif said in a press statements that international intelligence services may be standing behind the recent terrorist attack in the New Valley

Egypt has been suffering from the terrorist attacks against police and military forces for long time and notably escalated after the ouster of the president Mohamed Morsi in July2013.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment