Trial of Rafah massacre II adjourned to August 7
Adel Habara - YOUM7 (Archive)
By THE CAIRO POST

CAIRO: The Cairo Criminal Court adjourned Saturday the case known as Rafah second massacre to August 7, in which Islamist Jihadist Adel Habara and 34 other co-defendants are being tried for their alleged involvement in killing 25 junior policemen in northern Sinai in August 2013, Youm7 reported.

The 35 suspects are accused of committing terrorist attacks in Sinai and Cairo, espionage, vandalism of public properties, and conspiring with an Al-Qaeda militant group in Iraq.

The trial was postponed to August 7 to continue hearing the prosecution witnesses.

During the session, Mohamed Hamada, a prosecution witnesses said that when the massacre took place, he was assigned with a task in Faqous city south of Egypt’s Delta governorate of al-Sharqia.

He added that he was shot while in a public transportation vehicle in his way back to Cairo.

“I do not remember anything. I was sleeping inside the car and then found myself in the hospital,” said Hamada.

On Aug. 19, 27 junior policemen were forced out of micro-buses on the Rafah-Arish Road and were later found dead on the side of the road. Only two survived the attack, sustaining severe injuries.

In May 7, Habara was sentenced to two year in prison for insulting the judiciary during a hearing in which he repeated phrases disagreeing with the court.

Habara has already been given the death sentence in absentia for killing soldiers in the Nile Delta last year.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment