Military aid convoy to reach Gaza in the next few hours: military spokesperson
official Spokesman for the Egyptian Military Mohamed Samir - Photo courtesy of military spokesperson Facebook page
By THE CAIRO POST

CAIRO: The official military spokesperson Brig. Gen. Mohamed Samir announced on his official Facebook page Sunday that President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi ordered sending aids and supplies to Palestinians as part of the continuing Egyptian efforts to support Gaza.

 Samir said in a statement that about 15 trucks containing 50,000 boxes of supplies departed early to reach the Rafah crossing road and Gaza within the few coming hours.

Minister of Defense Sedky Sobhy ordered earlier this month the delivery of 500 tons of supplies and medicine to Gaza.

Another aid convoy worth 2.3 million EGP departed from Cairo Wednesday night, according to Al-Aish wa al-Horeya Party’s press conference announcement earlier the same day.

Lawyer Tarek al-Awady was the first to call for this convoy with the co-operation of Al-Aish we al-Horeya Party and its founding member Khaled Ali.  They said during the conference that they didn’t really expect this amount of donations from Egyptians and especially in the light of the current attitude from Egyptian media towards Gaza.

The convoy reached Gaza Friday morning due to a delay that happened in al-Qantara town east, as the military asked them for additional permission from military intelligence explaining that the procedures changed a week ago.

Earlier, another convoy was banned to pass through the Balouza check point, 150KM southwest of the Rafah border crossing where the convoy was scheduled to arrive in Palestine.

Prominent Dostour Party leader Gamila Ismail, one of the convoy participants, said armed forces in the check point said that they were not informed about the convoy, according to al-Watan last week.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment