A “Friends of Egypt” conference will be held after the Eid holiday, with more than 35 Arab and foreign countries attending the conference led by Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE. Minister of planning Ashraf al-Araby said the committee includes four ministries which will set the agenda of the conference.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said preparations are ongoing to complete parliamentary elections before the end of 2014.
- Hamas agreed to a 24-hour truce and Israel is thinking of ending the military operation on Gaza.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi discussed the ongoing crisis in Gaza with Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Margallo, who said Spain supports the truce and also supports establishing the state of Palestine as soon as possible.
- Army forces in North Sinai killed 19 takfiris and arrested 47.
- A military spokesperson announced destroying 13 tunnels in North Sinai.
- Ministry of Electricity said electricity tower number 128 exploded. The tower is the largest in the Egyptian electricity power network.
- Ministry of Interior warned against sexual harassment during Eid.
- The ministries of Electricity and Health canceled the Eid vacations for their employees.
- Ethiopia agreed to a Tripartite meeting in August with Egypt and Sudan to discuss the Nile crisis.
- 15 Egyptian workers died Sunday in Libya. Their home was destroyed by a rocket during clashes between the Libyan government and militants in Tripoli.
- Muslim Brotherhood members decided to establish areas in public streets for Eid prayers.
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab will provide one billion EGP for transportation projects.