Dr. Saad Geyoushy, the chairman of the Roads and Bridges Authority has chosen 10 companies to implement national projects per the program of President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.
- Hisham Alaily, the chief executive of the National Telecom Regulatory Authority, said that illegal international calls cost the state 1 billion pounds.
- Up to 114 million cubic meters of fuel oil have been pumped to oil and gas companies to supply enough electricity during the Eid holiday, said Khalid Abdel-Badie, Chairman of the Holding Company for Natural Gas.
Saudi investors are expected to pump an additional billion pounds of investment into Egypt’s health care sector in the next year and a half.
- The Minister of Finance calls for increased spending in health and education. Current spending is 22 billion pounds, and will increase to 170 pounds in three years.
- The Assistant Minister of Interior announced that there are no violations of human rights in Egyptian prisons, citing monitoring visits by the National Council for Human Rights.
The head of the Company to Manage and Operate the Metro said that ticket prices may increase to 1.5EGP($0.20) from 1 EGP ($0.14). The budget deficit for the company this year, he said, would reach 200 million EGP.
- 114 persons were arrested at the Egyptian-Libyan border after attempting to cross illegally
- An Armed Forces spokesperson said that the military killed a number of militant “takfiris” in security raids in the Sinai.
- The public prosecution has asked for an inquiry into accusations that Muslim Brotherhood members used knives and other weapons during demonstrations on the first day of Eid.
Teams of activists from anti-harassment organizations patrolled the streets on the first day of Eid, also carrying spray paint and stencils saying “I am a harasser.”
- Low income people are more affected by the increase in electricity prices, said Yehia Shawkat, a research with the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights.
- “I Saw Harrassment” said it saved 7 women from harassment attacks on the first day of Eid