President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will announce the name of consortium which will develop the Suez Canal hub project, Sisi will also announce the implementation of the Dabaa nuclear project and planting 3 million acres of wheat.
- Minister of Culture Gaber Asfour will open the Halayeb Culture Palace in September
- Head of Dostor Party Hala Shukrallah said the upcoming parliamentary elections will be between January 25 Revolution and the remnants of the old regime.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated no Egyptians have been killed or injured in Libya or Tunisia during the last crisis
U.S. President Barack Obama said ousted president Mohamed Morsi did not prove his ability to rule Egypt, while the interim government satisfied the desire of millions of Egyptians who believed that the revolution was in the wrong direction.
- The Cairo Criminal Court Saturday adjourned the trial of former President Hosni Mubarak, his two sons Gamal and Alaa, former Minister of Interior Habib al-Adly and six of his aides to Aug. 4 to resume hearing the prosecution’s witnesses
- Egyptian ambassador to Libya said there are continues flights from Djerba Airport to Egypt to evacuate stranded Egyptians in Libya
- Cases of encroachment reaches 24,000 acres of agricultural land during Eid
Minister of Foreign Affairs Sameh Shoukry said during a press conference with his Chinese counterpart Egypt and China will increase cooperation in military and political Zones, Shoukry announced joint projects between the two sides in electricity and infrastructure.
- Cairo Criminal Court has adjourned a lawsuit demanding to consider Qatar a state sponsoring terrorism to Sept. 4
- Two takfiris were killed and 11 were arrested during military operation in Sheikh Zuwayed
The former head of the 50-member committee Amr Moussa stated that Egypt may be forced to defend itself against the Libyan crisis, which “threatens Egyptian national security.”
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi`s visit to Russia this month waits depends on finding a safe navigation line far from the Ukrainian borders
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Badr Abdel Atty said the Egyptian Embassy in Washington sent a note of protest to the U.S. Department of State
The National Company for Construction and Development (NCCD) has stopped projects in Libya valued at $400 million after the Libyan clashes, also Arab Contractors Company stopped business valued at 600 million EGP for the same reason.
- Ministry of Justice to form new committee to recover looted money abroad.
- Farid al-Deeb, Mubarak’s lawyer in the trial over killing of protester, said during the trial “foreign entities” killed the demonstrators during January 25 Revolution
- Four members of Ultras White Knights (UWK) group were arrested after being accused of breaking into Zamalek club last Saturday