President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi lunched the Suez Canal axis project Tuesday. Sisi said in his speech at the opening ceremony that the army refused the project during the rule of Mohamed Morsi due to national security considerations.
- Sisi announced one million job opportunities after finishing the Suez Canal project.
- Military spokesperson Mohamed Samir said the army forces killed 3 terrorists and arrested 6 Monday in North Sinai.
- Farid al-Deeb, Mubarak’s lawyer in the trial over killing of protesters, said during the trial Mubarak should be tried in front of a military court.
Suez Canal Authority Chairman Mohab Mamish said during the opening ceremony of the canal axis project that the expected cost of the project is 67 Billion EGP, including 29 billion for digging. Mamish said the development of the Suez Canal will transform Egypt into a global industrial, economic, logistic, and commercial center.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab discussed the crises in the Middle East with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and also met the Egyptian community in Washington.
- Minister of Housing Mostafa Madbouly visited the proposed location for the new administrative capital.
About 1,066 Egyptians residing in Libya fled to the Salloum border crossing Tuesday after escalated violence in several Libyan cities. Ismael Abdel Raouf , an Egyptian worker, said they were kidnapped for two day by militias then they released after their money was stolen.
- Minister of Petroleum Sherif Ismail announced the drilling of a new oil well in the western desert, which will cost 1.3 billion EGP.
- The Palestinian Journalists Syndicate said the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip came after Egyptian pressure.
Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry arrived to Egypt with dozens of Egyptians after a two-day visit to Tunisia. Shoukry said 50 buses are available every day to transport Egyptians from Ras Jdir Tunisian-Libyan border crossing to the Tunisian airports.
- Banks working in Egypt are ready to offer unlimited support for the Suez Canal Project.
- Sisi to meet the Egyptian delegation headed by Minister of Irrigation Hossam Moghazi before Renaissance Dam talks in Khartoum.