Former President Hosni Mubarak defended himself for 23 minutes in his testimony during the trail of the century by ignoring all the crimes he was accused of and gave a speech about his achievements over the past 30 years. The trail was adjourned to Sept. 27 for a final verdict.
- The Ministry of Interior planned high security procedures to confront any possible “terrorist” attacks during the first anniversary of the Rabaa al-Adaweya and Nahda Square sit-in dispersal
- The Administrative Court canceled the previously issued verdict concerning banning women to wear niqab while working inside governmental facilities
Russian Ambassador to Egypt Serge Kirpichenko said in a statement that President Vladimir Putin accepted President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi’s invitation to visit Egypt and “will come soon.” Kirpichenko described Sisi’s visit to Russia as enhancing to the personal relations between both presidents.
- The government decided to use coal as an alternative solution for the escalated power outage crises
- Palestinian-Israeli negotiations in Cairo made “significant progress” before the end of the 72-hours truce between both sides
- Egypt congratulates new Iraqi Prime Minster Hedar Al-Abady and that it as essential to reestablish state organizations
Sisi returned to Cairo after a two-day visit to Russia to meet with Putin; international observers consider this a step for new strategies to achieve common interests.
- Egyptians continued to flee from escalating clashes in Libya through Salloum Border crossing, 103,189 Egyptians arrived since July 1
- Al-Azhar Grand Imam Ahmed al-Tayeb condemned the displacement of Christian Iraqis, assuring that they need collaborative situation from all political parties to end bloodshed
- Cairo governorate administration started procedures to move street vendors temporarily into Tugorman Garage within 10 days
The Egyptian Army prepared security procedures to secure the Suez Canal Axis Development with the highest protection standards, Interior Minister assistant for canal cities Ahmed Bashady said in a statement.
- Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Seoud Al-Fisal said in statements that Saudi is not at ease with the foreign policy disagreement with Qatar since its ambassador was withdrawn from Qatar since March
- The United Arab Emirates started a number of development projects in Egypt, including 100 schools and 50,000 housing units
The Ministry of Defense criticized the Human Rights Watch report about Rabaa al-Adaweya sit-in dispersal, Defense Minister assistant for international collaboration Adel Fahmy said and that it is full of fallacies but will not harm any of Egypt’s international relations.
- Salafist Nour Party said the protests on Rabaa anniversary are religiously forbidden, especially during the current unstable political situation in Egypt
- Civil parties continue to establish new unified electoral alliance, preparing for the upcoming parliamentary elections