Morsi son threatens to sue state apparatuses over leaked phone call
The son of the ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, Osama - YOUM7/Ahmed Ramadan
By THE CAIRO POST

CAIRO: Osama Morsi, the son of former president Mohamed Morsi, said he would sue “the state apparatuses” due to alleged spying on his phone calls, which he said were sold to “Mubarak’s regime media.”

Osama, who is an attorney, wrote on his Facebook page late Saturday he would address international and Egyptian human rights organizations about this “farce.”

Osama said he would reach out to other politicians who had faced the same situation, in order to form a “ front to defends people’s right to privacy.”

He added if the spying did not stop, he would disclose the “secrets of the coup leaders.”

On Thursday and Saturday journalist Ahmed Mousa broadcast on his program “My Responsibility”  excerpts of phone calls by Osama, allegedly recorded after the Rabaa al-Adaweya dispersal in August 2013.

One recording was with Gehad el-Haddad, the former international spokesperson for the group, who told Osama that “thousands” of MB members had been detained.

The second recording was with someone called Ingy, who appeared to be a correspondent working with Al-Arabiya, in which they discussed the human rights delegation that visited Morsi in his unknown place of detention.

A number of high-profile figures in Egypt have had phone conversations leaked to mass media; in November 2013 audio of former president Hosni Mubarak was released by Youm7, in which he talked about the January 25 Revolution as well as the Muslim Brotherhood. Qatari-owned Al Jazeera and Rassd network news also broadcasted leaked videos of the president Abdel Fatah al-Sisi when he was still a defense minister in November 2013,  when he was allegedly seeking to grant immunity to the military under the new constitution.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment