The head of the Engineering Authority for the armed forces Emad Ahmed announced the authority’s role in development procedures taking place in slums across Egypt. Ahmed said the authority is assigned to develop 47 slums in Cairo and Giza governorates, seven of which will be finished and funded by the cabinet and the banks union.
- Moscow heads to provide Egypt with S-300 rockets.
- Democratic Current coalition presents proposed amendments to the parliamentary election law before the Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab within the next days.
Minister of Electricity Mohamed Shaker said there will be a gradual breakthrough in the electricity crisis after a rapid emergency plan was installed. The plan includes the continuity of providing gas to stations by the Ministry of Petroleum. It also comprises a governmental study of a number of sources of power generation.
- The Armed forces arrested 16 outlaws and destroyed 1,704 tunnels in North Sinai.
- The Free Egyptians Party demands to establish an independent ministry for Energy.
Minister of Tourism Hisham Zaazou said there will be an urgent meeting at the cabinet within two days to discuss solutions to road accidents after two buses collided into a truck Friday, killing 33 Egyptians and injuring one Ukrainian tourist in Sharm el-Sheikh.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab announces Saturday the proposed plan for establishing new Alameen city.
- 14.5 million cubic meters were drilled in the new extension of the Suez Canal.
- Minister of Electricity Mohamed Shaker increased the amount of fuel provided to power stations by a rise ranging from 4 to 5 million cubic meters.
The Ministry of Manpower and Immigration decided to receive job applications from those who want to work in Gulf countries in medicine and pharmacology. The ministry will receive the demands during the coming week. Minister of Manpower Nahed el-Ashry said that there will also be rooms for applications for other professions, such as financial and project management, site engineer, carpentry division, technical engineer, and audit executive.
- 230,000 acres will be cultivated in the North Coast as part of the national project of cultivating one million acres across Egypt.
- The Cabinet released the first temporary draft law to deal with construction violations.
- Societal dialogue to take place between parties, political powers and minister of transitional justice to discuss proposed amendments to the Protest Law.
Minister of Supply and Internal Trade Khaled Hanafy announced that thousands of tons of subsidized items are being proposed daily across Egypt. He also noted that the price of one kilo of sugar will be decreased to 4.25 EGP instead of 5.5 EGP by the beginning of September.
- The Ministry of Housing announced the beginning of the implementation of the strategic plan for developing the northwestern coast.
- The government will present its energy strategy next month before Egypt’s economic summit.
- The army bombed an underground hotbed for Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis in North Sinai.