President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met editors-in-chief from Egypt’s media outlets at Ithadeya presidential palace on Sunday. Sisi said during the meeting that Qatar, Turkey, and the Muslim Brotherhood finance websites, T.V. channels, and newspapers to create a bad image of Egypt and make it unstable.
- 19 million students in 50,000 schools in Egypt in the upcoming school year: Min. of Education
- Foreign Ministry denied claims that Egypt carried out airstrikes in Tripoli
- Sisi said Egypt will not stop supporting the Palestinian case
Minister of Irrigation Hossam Moghazi arrived in Sudan Sunday to begin talks about the Renaissance Dam crises with Ethiopia and Sudan and aimed to make it a joint cooperation project.
- Sisi discusses with Algerian Foreign Minister Ramtan al-Amamrah about developing the Egyptian-Algerian relations and Arab issues
- Egyptian Border Guards destroys five tunnels in Rafah and foils 102 illegal immigration attempts
- Min. of Defense Sedki Sobhi: the Egyptian army develops its fighting abilities to protect people’s achievements
Cairo, alongside security forces, started a campaign to move street vendors into the Torgoman garage in Downtown Cairo. Deputy Governor of Cairo said vendors will not work in the streets again.
- Sisi said Egyptians did not overthrow ousted President Mohamed Morsi because of electricity cuts but because he worked on changing Egypt’s identity
- Militant who beheaded US journalist James Foley believed to be British of Egyptian origins
- Gov’t allocated 64 billion EGP to encourage investment in Egypt: Min. of Investment
Ministry of Antiquities and of Interior announced Sunday that Egypt recovered a set of 246 pieces of jewelry that belonged to Mohamed Ali Pasha and his family. Minister of Antiquities Mamdouh al-Damaty said in a press conference they formed a committee to examine the jewelry.
- Pro-Morsi Youth activists announced formation of new groups along the lines of the Islamic State (IS). They named the groups the Islamic State in Helwan and Matareya (ISHM) and the Islamic State in Haram and Faisal (ISHF) to protect their protesters from security forces
- CAPMAS said marriage rates decreased by 1.4 percent, going from nearly 922,000 marriage contracts in 2012 to around 909,000 in 2013
- Sisi told editors-in-chief during the meeting that Egypt is not afraid of the Islamic State (IS)
Judge Youssef Othman said Egyptian authorities do not know the value of Egyptian smuggled money. Othman said the judicial committee formed to investigate money smuggled out of Egypt did not retrieve even one EGP.
- Egyptian Football Association (EFA) discussed hosting the African Cup of Nations (CAN) in 2017
- One Iraqi woman and three persons arrested with photos for military areas in Sinai
- Sisi said Egypt will no longer export nor import natural gas from Israel