Security forces arrested five members of a jihadist group in Helwan calling itself the ‘Helwan Brigades’. Magdy Fonia, one of the arrested five, admitted that he supplied Muslim Brotherhood protests with weapons and also participated in securing the protestors.
- Remains of an Egyptian army soldier killed in the 1973 October War were found during the digging of the New Suez Canal project
- Min. of Civil Aviation said that three flights to Tunisia left Tuesday to evacuate Egyptian stranded in the Ras Jedir crossing border
- Youth resignations in Conference Party before the upcoming parliamentary elections after intervention in the regulatory process from the party’s leaders
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met Tuesday a Libyan delegation including Libya’s chief of staff Abdel Razouk al-Nazuri, foreign minister Mohammed Abdel Aziz and Aqila Salih, head of the House of Representatives. Sisi stressed that Egypt is ready to train and arm the Libyan army.
- 17 killed and 11 injured in a car crash in Luxor
- UAE to aid Egypt buy petroleum products worth $9 billion
- Sisi said the new re-demarcation of borders between governorates will not affect citizens’ projects in areas in another governorates
Egypt’s Foreign Ministry announced a long-term ceasefire in Gaza between Palestine and Israel beginning 7 p.m. on Tuesday. Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry said that Egypt seeks to promote peace and security in the region.
- Min. of Education and Min. of Solidarity announced the government will allocate monthly pension for 500,000 families in five governorates whose children attend school regularly
- Sisi said during his meeting with Mali’s Prime Minister that Egypt aims to develop cooperation with African countries
- Egyptian army arrested two Palestinians and destroyed five tunnels Tuesday in Sinai
The Democratic Alliance for Civil Forces negotiates with The Egyptian Wafd Coalition to join it in the upcoming parliamentary elections after failing to coordinate with the Free Egyptian Party.
- Brotherhood leaders in prison refused to testify to the June 30 fact-finding committee
- Egyptian army killed four takfiris and arrested seven others in Sinai
- The Minya Criminal Court started Tuesday the retrial of 20 members of the Muslim Brotherhood who were sentenced to death in absentia
Egypt reached a preliminary agreement with Ethiopia to form a new committee to examine the negative effects of the Renaissance Dam on Egyptian water security during the talks in Khartoum Tuesday.
- Leaders of Hamas visited Saudi Arabia as part of Egyptian-Saudi actions to draw the Palestinian movement away from Qatar
- Sisi to meet with Obama next month during his visit to the United States to attend the meeting of the General Assembly of the United Nations