The U.S. State Department backed off a statement that Egypt and the United Arab Emirates carried out air strikes on Islamist militants in Libya. The State Department said in the statement the comment on Libya was “intended to refer to countries reportedly involved, not speak for them.”
- Former Foreign Ministry Nabil Fahmy said Sisi’s upcoming speech in the United Nations will be historic
- Bloomberg international company in Texas to implement three big projects in Egypt: Min. of Supply
- Egypt and Sudan to inaugurated Wednesday the Qustul Border Crossing
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab announced that several ministries are working on a plan to develop the downtown area, after the government solved the problem of street vendors.
- All temporary governmental employees to be on permanent contracts at the end of 2015
- Min. of Interior said that many attempts of sabotage were foiled after many terrorists were arrested
- Mahlab ordered ministers to communicate directly between each other to finish the interests of citizens quickly
The government formed a committee Wednesday headed by the Prime Minister to discuss and end sexual harassment. The committee included the ministries of tourism, interior, culture and justice.
- Qatar ignored an Egyptian request from Ministry of Justice to send the Brotherhood defendants in Qatar back to Egypt
- Ethiopian Minister of Irrigation asked his Egyptian counterpart to visit Ethiopia and the Renaissance Dam
- Mahlab said that electricity cuts crisis is in a marked improvement
Minya Criminal Court decided Wednesday to retry a 16-year old child after he was sentenced to death in the case of al-Adwa incidents in Minya governorate.
- Thousands of Palestinians celebrate in Gaza after the end of the longest war on the Strip
- Gov’t discussed Wednesday building 64 residential buildings as a temporary solution to Maspiro triangle area
- 13 police officers from al-Mostaqbal Central Prison were released with 3,000 EGP bail each in the case of helping two prisoners escape
Egypt suggests an initiative to settle the Syrian crisis includes forming an international alliance to face the Islamic States in Syria and the disqualification of Bashar al-Assad. The initiative will be presented through the Arab League.
- Min. of Irrigation said that Egypt has reached more than expected in Khartoum talks about Renaissance Dam with Ethiopia
- Army forces destroyed a military camp belongs to Ansar Bayt Al-Maqdis in Arish
- 17 Muslim Brotherhood members were arrested in several governorates on charges of violence