Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim received a file about the police abuses in the recent period including the incidents of desecrating a dead body by three policemen, and claims that a mentally-challenged girl was raped in the Imbaba police station.
- A magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck Friday Cairo, Alexandria and some other governorates
- Reports that Al-Wasat Party has withdrawn from the National Alliance to Support Legitimacy was a sham to allow members of the Muslim Brotherhood to run for the parliamentary elections on the party’s electoral list
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab said that national projects are achieving their goals and the government works its best to fight corruption. He also added Egypt is on the right path after positive economic signs and the decline of the unemployment rate.
- Minister of Defense met a delegation from U.S congress who expressed their support to Egypt in fighting terrorism
- The Head of the Organization Of Islamic Cooperation, Iyad Madani said the organization is preparing a file to prove that Israel is a racist state by law
- Street vendors in Torgoman garage complain of heat and darkness
- Minister of Interior said the ministry is committed to enforcing the maximum wage
- Maintenance and renovation of schools in Egypt costs 50 billion EGP
- Security forces in Alexandria arrested 21 persons after a Muslim Brotherhood protest
Security Forces arrested Friday 74 members of the Ultras White Knights (UWK) group after clashes during a march in Shubra Thursday. Cairo Security Director Ali al-Demerdash said the protest was illegal as they did not have permission from the Ministry of interior.
- Ethiopia’s Minister of Water and Energy, Alemayehu Tegenu, said Egypt did not ask to stop the construction of the Renaissance Dam or to reduce its size
- A new decapitated body was found in Rafah city in Sinai
- Friday sermons called for supporting the new Suez Canal project
The Egyptian Presidency received written suggestions to amend the constitution to increase presidential powers after the deterioration of security and economic conditions. Sources said the suggested amendments give the right of carrying out military operations outside Egypt after notifying the parliament, not after its agreement on the operation.
- Three policemen were jailed for 15 days pending investigation over charges of desecrating a dead body and taking pictures with it
- Tunisian Coast Guard arrested 18 Egyptian fishermen on charges of illegal fishing in the port of Sfax