Military launches “Operation Dawn” in response to a militant attack that killed soldiers in Sheikh Zuwayed, North Sinai. The military claims to have killed four militants and injured dozens more.
- Wafd Party Chairman Sayed Badawi in conflict with head of Popular Current Party Hamdeen Sabbahi over political alliances.
- Sources: Egypt asked Interpol to deliver individuals from Europe and the U.S. accused of financing the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Illicit Gains Authority seeks amendment to have authority over money seized from drugs and to have authority over seized funds usually frozen until court decisions.
- Administrative Court will look into case against President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi‘s appointment of six pairs of brothers in prosecution positions on Oct. 14.
- Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry visits Ethiopia.
- National Council for Human Rights (NCHR) sends mission to Tora prisoners on hunger strike.
- Conflict between Salafists and Ministry of Endowment over Salafist leader Yasser Borhamy’s speeches in mosques.
- Ministry of Housing and Armed Forces Engineering Authority sign deal to establish 150,000 housing units in Cairo and suburbs.
- Sheikh Zuwayed attack: ambulance was on its way to assist Gaza citizens through Rafah, was hit by an improvised explosive device or mine.
- Prominent Palestinian politician Mustafa Barghouti: Israel’s decisions spark irritation and suggest it wants war.
- Cairo University security measures intensified only at main entrance.
- Arrest of girl accused of producing film for “Helwan Brigades.”
- Three banks signed a protocol with the Suez Canal Authority to start offering certificates of deposit to finance the new project.
- Ministry of Irrigation speaks of great potential for regional cooperation between Egypt, Ethiopia and Sudan through the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam.
- Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry calls for collaborative, international approach to face the Islamic State.
- Sheikh Zuwayed attack: four killed, 16 suspects arrested, parents of the victims speak of their unachieved dreams, Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam and political forces condemn incident.
- Three defense lawyers for Ahmed Doma referred to prosecution for disturbing court process.
- Dakahlia’s biggest cement factory out of operation due to fuel shortage, losing 3 billion EGP daily.
- President of Al-Ahly Football Club accuses Interior Ministry of carelessness during violent sports incidents.
- Torgoman street vendors complain of a lack of customers, syndicate demands meeting with President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi to seek solutions.
- 2-meter long snake found in public hospital in Nasr City.