Banks expect buyers to invest 10 million EGP in investment certificates in the Suez Canal Project.
- Min. of Electricity to investigate employees’ political affiliations following power crisis amid suspicions of sabotage
- Min. of Endowment to apply jails sentences and fines for inciting speeches in mosques.
- U.S. Congress admits: Egypt defeated terrorism
- Ahmed Zuwail returns and plans to visit Suez Canal
Power outage investigation details to be announced Tuesday.
- Egypt receives Sunday 50,000 doses of Sovaldi for Hepatitis C
- Government declares high turnout for Suez Canal deposit certificates
- Head of Metro Company: 75 million EGP for new machinery replacement
Ibrahim Mahlab assures electricity shortage is over after the repair of the main power plant, declares no criminal involvement in crisis.
- Sameh Shoukry returns from Ethiopia with optimism about Renaissance Dam
- Suez Canal expansion project enters second phase
- Ministers Cabinet initially agrees to pass a law aimed at prioritizing local products in national trade deals
- Min. of Antiquities: national project to restore and develop Suez Canal antiquities’ zones over ten years
An engineer’s mistake was behind Thursday’s near-blackout due to a power surge that overloaded power plants from Nubariya to Cairo.
- Min. of Interior conducts investigations into alleged incident of police officer torturing conscript
- Citizens of South Red Sea demonstrate against borders’ redrawing of their governorate
- Egyptian delegation in Ramallah following up on cease-fire agreement implementation
- National Council for Human Rights demands release of detainees pending investigations